lunes, 26 de mayo de 2014

AT FULL SPEED / A TODA VELOCIDAD

Colonia Tovar, Aragua, Venezuela, 600am, Thursday May 22, 2014.

46 years ago, on a day like today, my daddy died. I would like to go to the cemetery to put flowers on his grave, light a 7 days candle and go to Mass prayed for the repose of his gentle soul. Maybe I´ll do that. My son goes to Caracas today in his truck ....

The best thing that happened to me yesterday was the worst: to go on the back of my son's motorcycle at full speed down through steep slopes to go to buy our daily wine. I prayed quietly behind him and only managed to breathe in the rises. It was very exciting. I was going with Shrek through the shortcut  Shrek but I was in a hurry to get to the Lan House  before it closed to print, sign, scan and send to my youngest  daughter the contract needed to rent tables, chairs, freezers, etc., with the Itaipava brewery.

Before entering the Lan House I went into fat Julie restaurant, I was feeling fainting from hunger so I had lunch first. As I was alone Julie accompanied me and we talked about Heinrich, the musician beggar whom I think is the most eccentric and famous character of this Colonia Tovar. I would like to know more about  him.

***

Colonia Tovar, Aragua, Venezuela, 600am, jueves 22 de Mayo de 2014.

Hace 46 años, tal día como hoy, murió mi papaíto.  Quisiera ir al cementerio a ponerle flores en su tumba, prenderle una vela de 7 días, e ir a una misa rezada por el descanso eterno de su cándida alma. Tal vez haga eso. Mi hijo va a Caracas hoy en su camión….

Lo mejor que me sucedió ayer fue lo peor. Andar a toda velocidad en la motocicleta de mi hijo por laderas pendientes para ir a comprar vino. Yo rezaba calladita atrás de él y solamente conseguía respirar en las subidas. Fue muy emocionante. Me iba a ir caminando por el atajo con Shrek pero estaba con prisa de llegar al Lan House más próximo a imprimir, firmar, escanear y enviar a mi hijita benjamina el contrato que necesitaba para alquilar mesas, sillas, congeladores, etc., de la cervecería Itaipava.


Antes de entrar en el Lan House lo hice en el restaurante de la gorda Julie, sentía que me estaba desmayando de hambre y primero almorcé. Como estaba sola ella me acompañó y hablamos sobre Heinrich, el músico mendigo que me parece que es el personaje más excéntrico y famoso de esta Colonia Tovar. Quisiera conocerlo más a fondo.

No hay comentarios.: